Posts Tagged ‘Swat’
Posted by Administrator on June 19, 2009
Three new updates, two from UN OCHA (from June 11 and June 18) and from The Researchers (from June 15) in the Key Documents section, here.
Latest UN OCHA update highlights…
- The registration of some 1.9 million IDPs has so far been confirmed by Pakistani authorities, of whom about 260,000 IDPs are living in 27 camps and the remainder with host families.
- Concerns have been raised regarding the establishment of several spontaneous camps in Upper Dir, and the possibility of others to follow in areas not easily accessible by the humanitarian community.
- There are presently 10 Registration Centers and 34 Humanitarian Hubs, which distribute 47,000 MT of food and NFIs to IDPs living in and outside camps. Ten more distribution points are inside IDP camps.
- Precautionary measures have been taken in host communities to prevent any outbreak of acute watery diarrhea (AWD) and other illnesses that could occur with the upcoming monsoon season.
Posted in Camp Information, How to Help?, Number of IDPs, Who's Working There? (Organizations) | Tagged: IDPs, Pakistan, refugees, Swat | 1 Comment »
Posted by Administrator on June 12, 2009
A number of new documents are now available at the Key Documents page, here. These include,
* June 08, 2009: The Researchers – IDPs Weekly Update
* June 05, 2009: UN OCHA Pakistan Humanitarian Situation Report
* June 04, 2009: UN Fundraising Press Release
* June 03, 2009: ICG Pakistan IDPs Policy Brief June 03, 2009
* May 30: Handicap International’s IDP Vulnerable & Disabled Needs Assessment Report
Posted in Camp Information, How to Help?, Number of IDPs, Who's Working There? (Organizations) | Tagged: Buner, Dir, Handicap International, Humanitarian Crisis in Pakistan, ICG Pakistan, IDPs, IDPs in Pakistan, International Crisis Group, OCHA, Pakistan refugees, Researchers, Swat, UN | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Administrator on June 3, 2009
You can now find the Pakistan Humanitarian Situation Report No. 2 dated 28 May – 1 June 2009 on NWFP IDPs issued by OCHA HQ, here in the Key Documents section. Please note that the coverage period stated in the Sitrep is incorrect and is in fact from the period 28 May – 1 June 09.
Highlights of the SitRep include…
The next sitrep will be issued on or around 5th June 2009.
Posted in Camp Information, How to Help?, Number of IDPs, Who's Working There? (Organizations) | Tagged: Buner, Dir, IDPs, Malakand, Mardan, OCHA, Pakistan IDPs crisis, refugees in Pakistan, SitRep, Swabi, Swat, UN, UN OCHA | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Administrator on May 28, 2009
New IDP Weekly Update report by The Researchers, available at the Key Documents page, here.
Posted in Camp Information, Number of IDPs | Tagged: Buner, Dir, IDP camps, IDPs, Mardan, Swat, weekly update | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Administrator on May 21, 2009
The latest report issued by the Humanitarian Coordinator’s Office / OCHA in Pakistan, on behalf of the UN Humanitarian Country Team. It covers the period from 12 May to 19 May.
- 2,321,000 IDPs have been registered (as at 19 May) – about 275,000 in camps and 2,046,000 outside camps
- 26 camps are now in operation in 6 districts
- Tens of thousands remaining in areas of intense fighting with limited access to food, water and emergency medical care
- The public launch of the revised Humanitarian Response Plan is scheduled for Friday 22 May in Islamabad.
Find the full report in the Key Documents section, here, as well as an Activity Report issued by Medicins Sans Frontieres (MSF) on its relief activities in Mazdoorabad.
Posted in Camp Information, Number of IDPs, Who's Working There? (Organizations) | Tagged: Buner, Dir, IDP camps, IDPs, Medicins Sans Frontieres, MSF, MSF in Pakistan, OCHA, Pakistan, Swat, UN Humanitarian Team in Pakistan, UN OCHA | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Administrator on May 20, 2009
By texting the word “swat” to the number 20222, anyone can make a $5 donation to the UN High Commissioner’s Office for Refugees for use in the Swat Valley crisis.
Posted in How to Help?, Who's Working There? (Organizations) | Tagged: Buner, Dir, IDP crisis, IDPs, Mardan, Pakistan, Swabi, Swat, UNHCR | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Administrator on May 19, 2009
The newly established Emergency Response Unit of the Provincial Government of the NWFP is located within the Provincial Relief Commissionerate (whose updates we’ve been uploading in the Key Documents section, here).
The ERU has established a website to serve as a clearinghouse mechanism for IDPs issues at http://www.helpidp.org/.
Posted in Camp Information, How to Help?, Number of IDPs, Who's Working There? (Organizations) | Tagged: Buner, Dir, Emergency Response Unit, government of Pakistan, IDPs, NWFP, NWFP Government, Pakistani, portal, Provincial Relief Commissionerate, Swat, website | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Administrator on May 18, 2009
May 18, The Researchers, an Islamabad-based group has produced a comprehensive update on IDPs, IDP numbers, camps information and who to contact to provide support. You can download the document, from the Key Documents (here) section.
May 18, Al-Khidmat Foundation has also produced a report update on the IDPs situation and what they are doing to support the IDPs. The report can be downloaded from the Key Documents section, here.
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: IDP numbers, IDPs, Mardan, Pakistan, Pakistan IDPs, reports, Swabi, Swat, updates, Yazdani | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Administrator on May 17, 2009
In the interest of fairness, I am re-posting NADRA Deputy Chairman, Mr. Tariq Malik’s response to this website’s post on the Rs. 50/ charge being levied on IDPs that are trying to re-establish their particulars in light of their displacement.
“Thanks for pointing out an important issue on your blog. Let me clarify that there is no fee for IDP registration. The people in IDP camps are eligible to get free of cost ID cards. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against NADRA employee who demands for any fee from IDPs. NADRA has deputed a lot of Mobile Registration Vans (MRVs) which are parked and/or moving in the effected registering and delivering ID cards free of cost. The snapshot is misleading as it shows a reciept of NADRAs electronic application called eSahulat which is available in various parts of Pakistan for citizens to verify a citizens credentials as to whether the person is legal citizen of Pakistan or not (to combat Identity fraud). It appears that the friends and relatives of IDP living in other parts of Pakistan are using these machines (not located in IDP camps) helping to verify ID cards of IDPs so that they can get speedy services. IDPs must contact MRVs for free services. We are going to run a public awareness campaign on this issue.”
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged: Buner, Dir, e-Sahulat, Hathian, IDP camps, IDPs, IDPs in Mardan, NADRA, NADRA charges, Swat | 1 Comment »